Unified Payments Interface (UPI) is a revolutionary payment system transforming the Indian financial landscape. Launched in 2016 by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), UPI enables users to transfer money between bank accounts instantly without needing bank account details. And their various rewards programs help to gain their popularity. With its easy-to-use interface and secure transactions, UPI has quickly become the go-to payment method for millions of Indians.
Businesses in India are also taking advantage of UPI’s popularity by offering their customers gift cards and rewards programs. One way to do this is offering instant discounts on gift card purchases through UPI.
Instant discounts on gift cards are a great way for businesses to encourage customers to buy more. For example, a clothing retailer might offer an instant discount of 10% on a gift card purchase of Rs.1000 or more through UPI. This incentivizes customers to spend more, knowing they’ll get an immediate discount.
With UPI’s fast and secure transactions, customers can receive their gift card and discount instantly, making the process seamless and convenient.
Here are some of the ways UPI is transforming the Indian financial landscape:
- Convenience and Ease of Use:- UPI has made money transfers faster and more convenient. It enables users to transfer funds directly from their bank account to another bank account in real time. Users can also pay for goods and services at physical and online stores, split bills with friends, and even pay for their utility bills, all with a few clicks on their mobile phones.
- Financial Inclusion:- UPI has played a significant role in promoting financial inclusion in India. Before the launch of UPI, many people in India needed access to sophisticated online banking services. This has opened up a financial opportunity for millions previously excluded from the formal banking system.
- Cashless Economy:- UPI has played a key role in driving India’s transition towards a cashless economy. With UPI, people no longer need to carry cash to make purchases. They can use their mobile phones to transfer money to merchants or others. This has made transactions more secure and made it easier to keep track of expenses and budgets.
- Boost to Digital Payments:- UPI has been instrumental in boosting digital payments in India. In a report released by the Reserve Bank of India, digital payments in India grew by 58.8% in 2020, driven largely by the UPI. This growth is expected to continue as more people become comfortable with digital payments and the government continues to promote a cashless economy.
- Increase in Financial Awareness:- With UPI, people have become more aware of their finances. UPI enables users to easily track their expenses, check their bank balances, and manage their finances. This has led to an increase in financial awareness among Indians, particularly among those who were previously excluded from the formal banking system.
UPI has not only transformed the Indian financial landscape but has also opened up new opportunities for businesses to attract and retain customers. By offering instant discounts on gift card purchases from Gyftr and more and earning rewards through UPI, companies can incentivize customers to spend more and create a sense of loyalty among their customer base.